Thursday, June 5, 2008

we've learned the elevating trick

i love when my itunes is on shuffle and plays a song that i haven't heard in ages that i at one point was obsessed with. it immediately takes me back to that time in my life and i'm filled with the all the emotions that came along with it (this could obviously end up being a bad thing too, but luckily this time it was anything but).

i could almost trick myself into believing that i was actually back in austin, driving down random downtown streets, talking to random people, singing and smiling as wide as any person could. i could expend so much hope waiting for more moments like that. and i do.



You’re such a mystery I just want to stand and stare
Nibble on your ear and smell the ocean in your hair
You know you damage me you leave me tangled in a knot
But when you reappear I see Neptunian blues that eyes forgot
Neptunian blues that eyes forgot

I only feel alive when the vu’s flashing alarms going off in my head
I want to grab you and just kiss you maybe I should sit down
No sense in cashing us now
Still I only feel alright when the vu’s flashing bombs going off in my head
I want to grab you want to scream at you no icing me down
The party’s crashing us now
The party’s crashing us now

Oh well we made love like a pair of black wizards
You freed me from the past you fucked the suburbs out of me
And all those ugly days that made us so sick
They are just fossils now we’ve learned the elevating trick
We’ve learned the elevating trick


*if you haven't figured it out yet, cory this was for you :)

2 comments:

Ikarus said...

and you bolded my favorite lines. :P

we sure have elevated. i think that was one of the more fun, completely random drives into Austin ever.

you mean a lot to me. :)

Anonymous said...

i really like this.
and good song.
and good friend.

(both of you)